Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Slices of Humble Pie

A friend asking me to help her with something and the more I talk, the more I realize I need to shut my mouth because I need more help with it than she does.

Grumpily noticing something my husband did "wrong", and then walking into the next room and seeing all the things he did while I was gone.

Feeling very small when trying to explain a decision that had good intentions though ended up just not feeling right.

An aching silence when hearing the hurt of secrets kept from family.



So thankful for unending Grace.



6 comments:

  1. Here's to GRACE, my friend.

    Your list is powerful and brave. I like brave writers.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone has to eat a few slices of this kinda pie from time to time. Be easy on yourself! Thanks for a powerful little post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Ruth. A very powerful list! And like you, I am so very, very thankful for unending grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My children are learning that Mom can apologize when I grumble first and notice second. You wrote from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And writing from the heart is always the best. Your last line is so powerful for all of us...unending grace. : ) Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unending Grace.....exactly what all of us (especially me!) needs today....and everyday!

    ReplyDelete