Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Post-It

It's a cruddy picture, but for the past three weeks or so, every time I've been in our girls restroom at school, there has been different one hanging up.  This one says, "Smile - Make someone's day a shade brighter".  Others have said things like, "Hey beautiful" and "You are lovely inside and out".  I have no idea who's doing it, but today it finally soaked in just how neat it is that someone actually IS doing this, especially if it's a student.  They've made me smile to myself each time I've read them.  Today though, I couldn't help but wonder what young girl might read that same message as me and find that tiny bit of love and kindness that she so desperately craves.  



We think too much and feel too little.  More than machinery, we need humanity.  More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.  
Charlie Chaplin






4 comments:

  1. So sweet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. And the quote by Chaplin. I think I need to do this in my bathroom at school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good thing for WMS. Yes, it might make someone feel a little better and pass it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome.

    (And I think you are very brave to use the student bathroom.)

    I've never read the Chaplin quote...I'm writing it down right now.

    ReplyDelete