Wednesday, March 13, 2013

My Monster

  Here's me.  My little monster avatar thingy for posting my Slices of Life-ez.  At first, I kinda giggled to see them all when others posted along with me, but I was secretly a bit disturbed by my own.  I mean, she has ice pic arms, cave woman hair, a mouth like a garbage disposal and sewn up eyes - is that like I'm squinting, or knocked out or something???  

Well, I don't always look like this, but there are times... when honestly, I feel like this.  Blue, un-huggable, and closing my eyes to the truth, while spewing loud horrible things from my mouth.  What's even worse it that happens more often at home than I'd like to admit.  This ugly little creature takes over my body and mind and  I find myself doing and saying things that I desperately want erased as soon as it takes place.  It's not a creature though, it is me, a part of me that I must learn to manage.  

Whatever the reason why I've lost my softness, I know at this breaking point that I must go back and amend.  Request forgiveness and mercy from the ones I hold most dear.  Both my husband and my son grant this so easily - it's humbling.  And through this humility I am warmed and become soft once again.  



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those little monsters and I'm glad they gave you inspiration to write.

    The thing I admire about you is your raw honesty and the way you are totally genuine. I love seeing these qualities on the screen. Your courage inspires me.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen those little monsters but didn't really NOTICE them. What a great slice. I'm going to have take a closer look at my little monster...the monster happens in all of us. : )

    ReplyDelete